View Single Post
Old March 4, 2012, 05:26 PM   #1
darksidearmorer

using enviroment to prevent over penetration

There is a lot of discussion on overpenetration lately, but i have yet to see this point brought up. when looking at how i would defend my home and where i would fight from i picked my bedroom door its at the end of the hall to my living room( see included picture). I use a winchester sxp defender with 2and3/4 unplated buckshot here is why, i want a powerfull load, that goes without saying, however i do live in a medium sized city and was concerned for my neighbors safty if i ever have to shoot. when firing from my chosen positon im firing away from my family, and if i do hit and there is overpenetration or i miss, my shot will have travel through my livingroom wall , my garage wich is full of toolboxes furniture and the outer garage wall, and finally my halfton truck.a fence and then my neighbors garage before it can harm them. using unplated lead shot i see a lot of hard objects to slow down deform and stop the shot should i miss or it goes through the bad guy. has any one else stumbled on to this solultion ? hopefully this post gives you some ideas, or inspires you to look at where your rounds will potenially go in a SD/HD situation. just curious as to what you guys think.
Attached Images
File Type: png hd diagram.png (24.5 KB, 35 views)

Page generated in 0.03408 seconds with 9 queries