View Single Post
Old March 9, 2011, 10:36 AM   #15
44 AMP
Staff

[QUOTEBuy lots of ammo while it is still cheap and widely available and shoot all you can. Once you can consistently shoot 2 to 2.5" groups at 100 yds with iron sights, then you can worry about tweaking the rifle. ][/QUOTE]

I agree with this, but I have to point out that its really tough to shoot 2-2.5" groups using ammo that won't shoot that well. The cheap surplus ammo is literally, a crap shoot. Some of it is accurate, some is not. Some will be accurate in my rifle, but not in yours.

You just don't know to what standards foreign milsurp ammo was made, and (just as important) if the lot of ammo you bought actually meets those standards! Only shooting will tell, and a lot of people automatically blame the rifle when the real cause is often the ammo itself, or the combination of that particular ammo and that particular rifle.

If you are sure your rifle won't shoot well with anything, then its time to start modding the rifle. Not before.

Page generated in 0.02384 seconds with 8 queries