View Single Post
Old March 30, 2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Gary L. Griffiths

"Sticky" material for pocket holsters

Hi, all!

I'm planning to make a pocket "wallet" style holster for my new LCP. I would like to attach some sort of "sticky" material to the outside so that it won't move around in my pocket.

Does anyone know what DeSantis uses in their "Nemesis" type holsters? Also, I once had an Uncle Mike's holster with some sort of rough material on it that made it practically impossible to slide against cloth. Does anyone know what type of material this is, and, more importantly, a source for it?

I hate to have to buy an Uncle Mike's pocket holster just to deconstruct it to salvage the sticky material, even though it's only around $10. I also don't wish to purchase any of the commercially available pocket holsters out there. I prefer to make my own to my specifications.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide! Thanks!
Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own craven apathy; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the valor of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)

Page generated in 0.06829 seconds with 8 queries