View Single Post
Old March 2, 2012, 12:31 AM   #13
arentol

I have a 16" trapper model from Rossi in Colt 45 that works great. I actually don't mind the safety they installed on it because you can easily replace it with a peep sight to give yourself a much longer sight radius than you would ever get with the barrel sights.
The only negative thing I have to say about it is that if you shoot really hot loads (like stuff rated at 1000ft/lbs and higher muzzle energy from 5" barrels) it can be kind of tough on your shoulder because of the metal buttplate and overall light weight. This is a complete non-issue with normal rounds though, which you could shoot all day without issue.

I also have a Ranch Hand in .44mag. It actually had some feed issues and I ended up having to grind one piece down just a teeny bit to get it to feed at all. Aside from that it has been great.

I also swapped the levers between the two guns, as I find the Ranch Hand is much easier to work with a normal lever. I am probably going to order another lever from Rossi for the trapper as I really don't like the big loop at all. I have no intention of spinning my rifle to load it, and that is all the big loop offers while the smaller loop makes for a shorter total distance I have to move my hand to work the action, which is a very good thing.

I have used the DVD from stevezguns to do some work on these gun. The action is now pretty smooth and easy, and I was able to use a dremel with a grinding stone tip to lighten the trigger pull on both to about 4 lbs.

Definitely some fun guns.

Page generated in 0.02461 seconds with 8 queries