View Single Post
Old February 21, 2011, 10:55 PM   #19
MemphisJim

I have no experience with Marlin 60s. I have a Winchester 290 (same as the 190 with fancier furniture) that was a gift from Dad when I returned from Vietnam in '68. And I now have four (4) Remington 597s. Two are .22LR (one heavy barrel, target stock, scoped; one basic syn stock sport barrel and scope for field use); two are .22WMR (one heavy barrel, target stock, scoped; one syn stock sport barrel with scope). All four are great shooters and totally reliable. Their springs are a little more challenging to work with on reassembly than is the Winchester. However, trigger pull on the 597s is a whole lot lighter than the 290. The HB .22LR is stainless, the others are basic black. I've had no issues with fit or finish on any of them. Each now has had many rounds through (thousands on the LRs; hundreds through the WMRs) them with the usual occasional FTF common to rimfire ammo. Virtually all of my shooting is at the range, most often from benchrest, and I'd rate accuracy for all four as between great to oustanding. To date, I've yet to lose an informal match to anyone shooting a 10/22, a Marlin 60 or anything else comparable in our "Hey, let's see what you can do with it" matches. I'm quite happy with mine.

Page generated in 0.04115 seconds with 8 queries