View Single Post
Old February 13, 2000, 10:05 PM   #23
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

CleanCut, "barren" is a relative term. I live in Terlingua, on the west edge of Big Bend National Park. Definitely desert. Average annual rainfall of around 7" to 9", and you oughta be there the day it hits!

I've been in the desert area southwest of Las Vegas, as well as the Black Rock Desert northwest of Winnemucca. Lots of wildlife, lots of coyotes. "been" as in stomped around on foot, not just driving through...

I've also spent a good bit of time around Blountstown and Tallahassee in Florida. And, Thomasville, GA. Definitely not barren. Fewer coyotes in this part of the world than in Terlingua...

If you're not in Muleshoe's situation, you can afford to think in terms of "fair chase" and "hunter's ethic". I can, and do. He is in a totally different milieu, and for there he is absolutely morally correct.

Nobody was born an expert anything. Expertise is nothing more than overcoming ignorance. "Ignorance is curable; stupidity is forever." You don't at all sound stupid; you just have a way to go for expertise. Don't sweat it, you'll get there; we all had to start somewhere.

Thanx for the pix; I'll bookmark them.

, Art

Page generated in 0.03176 seconds with 8 queries