View Single Post
Old January 30, 2013, 01:54 AM   #39
mjblucci

Mine was also an sks

I found a nice Russian sks with all matching numbers and in pretty good shape for 450 bucks. It wasn't the ak I wanted a few months ago, (even a beat up wasr-10 would have been fine) but since even the cheapest aks have exploded in price by over three times what they were in October, I guess I settled for the cartridge instead of the platform. I was the 7.62x39 that had me choosing ak over AR anyway. But I always knew the AR was also a very effective user friendly design. (totally kicking myself for not picking up an M&P15 when they were "cheap"

All in all I'm really only trying to pick up one box of ammo per week rotating between calibers, and when taxes come I'm getting a solid revolver and a 1911 (the only ones I regret selling/trading) maybe a shotgun when I scrounge up a few bucks, and then I'll wait till this crap dies down (if it does) before I get any collection pieces, or in another 20 or 30 years I'll inherit my dads collection (dcm garand, mak90, etc.)

Since I always had a thing for the trusty heavy haulers like the 6" smiths, 1911's and garands, I just didn't build up the appreciation for the latest and greatest advancements in the battle rifles and pistols of today and tomorrow until it was just a few weeks too late. Or did the Christmas bonus and tax returns come a few weeks too late? Hmmmmm.....

Page generated in 0.03196 seconds with 8 queries