View Single Post
Old September 17, 2000, 08:00 PM   #1
Al Thompson
Staff Alumnus

Well, it wasn't that bad.

Have a friend who asked me to get his wife up to speed on self-defense with a handgun.

I laid out my MO. Hubbies and wives are OK - just not together. I go to pick her up - he tags along. Major problem. He wants to be sure she knows what she's doing as he has taken a new job requireing extensive travel.

They show up with an RG in .38 special.

I supply ammo, muffs, glasses and training. (I'm NRA certified) He is a bit overbearing (typical type A male). Just like the rest of us.

We get through the classroom portion. No problems. She gets up to speed with my .22 revolver. He watchs and is silent. She starts with the RG - I switch her to my M13 3 inch HB.

She puts 30 for 30 158 swc's in the A zone of an IPSC target at 7 yards. He has eyes like golfballs. She progresses from single shots to doubles to a full cylinder.

His testosterone takes over - he shoots a cylinder full and scatters them all over the target.

She puts her last cylinder full in the head.

He asks - can you teach me how to do that?

She "graduates" to my kimber .45 with 230 gr. loads. She puts 2, then 7 in the A/B zone. Turns to hubbie and says - "This is a real gun - when are we getting one?"

My feet have not touched the ground for a couple of hours. Some days it's all worth it.

Giz

Page generated in 0.04474 seconds with 8 queries