View Single Post
Old October 23, 2008, 08:01 PM   #71
Scattergun Bob

Shotguns stored with loaded chambers

I tried to stay out of this post because I have made the same point many times, and yet I still read posters who support the idea of leaving their scattergun with the chamber loaded. I exempt Hogdogs from this rant because we have discused this and both our rock heads are unmoved. However, gentleman, If your scattergun safety does not lock the sear, then I say it is UNSAFE and WRONG.

From an earlier thread;

"Some of you STILL assert that you store your scatterguns in condition 1, what can I do to convince you that this is folly. Every year we have injury and death due to scatterguns firing due to bumps, jars, or drops. This is not conjecture this is fact supported by hunting accident stats. Scattergun Bob says, any shotgun that has a safety that does not lock the sear needs to have an empty chamber BEFORE it leaves you hands. Trust that the folks who came up with "cruiser ready" did so because of blood on the ground and holes in cruisers. To long term store your scattergun in condition 1 is unsafe and in my option unprofessional. To advocate this type of storage on this forum presents a ethical issue that I for one will always speak against. No matter what the activity, if it is worth doing, it is worth doing safely."

Once you have a ID with this method, NO sheep like bleating will make up for your failure to recognize this FOLLY.

Page generated in 0.03095 seconds with 8 queries