Old July 16, 2013, 02:11 AM   #65
Bill Akins

Quote:
MyKeal wrote:
Here's the question:

Quote: NR5P wrote:
"Any recommendations?"
Mykeal wrote:
Two words. Doesn't get any simpler than that. He didn't ask for 'the best', or 'the prettiest', or 'the most authentic', just 'recommendations.

Here's the answer: Ruger Old Army.

Again, doesn't get any simpler. One recommendation. No discussion of the entire history of black powder revolvers, just a simple recommendation. Some will agree, some will disagree. Is it the best 'first' bp revolver for the OP? I have no way of knowing that. But, he didn't ask me that, did he?

Mykeal, you are incorrect. The OP did not just ask a two word question of "any recommendations?". But even if he had only asked that one question, it is not a simple question because asking for "any recommendations?" does not constrain people's answers does it? And that doesn't mean I shouldn't give him a rather detailed crash course on the main BP models and a detailed explanation of why I would recommend this model or that model.....does it?

Of course it doesn't. So why do you and Hawg take it upon yourselves to criticize me when I give the OP a comprehensive detailed answer? The only logical answer is....that you are both out of line in doing so and in fact engaging in cyber-bullying for no valid reason.

Let's examine why you are wrong Mykeal and show that the OP did not just ask one (two word)...."any recommendations?" question, as you incorrectly stated he did, when in fact the OP actually asked two direct questions, not one.

Quote:
NR5P wrote:
Can I go wrong with any of the brands? I'm not married to a certain caliber either, I suppose .44 is the most common. I do want a replica bp revolver just because of the fact that it's not considered a "fire arm" in Texas(I've got a chl but you never know when that can come in handy). Any recommendations?
So as we see above, the OP actually asked two questions. His first question asks if he can go wrong with any of the brands. In order to answer that you have to give him reasons that can go into some detail, such as why I prefer the Uberti 1858 Remy over the Pietta 1858 Remy (both of which I have owned).

His second question that asks for "any recommendations?", does not constrain me from giving him recommendations backed up with detailed reasons why I recommend or do not recommend any certain brand or type of revolver. Does it?

So as we see you are wrong in stating that the OP only asked one question and you and Hawg are both wrong in criticizing me for my detailed posts that I posted trying to help the OP gain sufficient knowledge so he can make an informed decision as to what ONE revolver he should buy, (because the OP said that would probably be his only BP revolver).

So again, neither you nor Hawg had any reason whatsoever to criticize me for anything. Logically we can only deduce from this that both you and Hawg were being childish and criticizing and picking at me for no valid reason. There is no rule at this site as to how long or how short a person's post can be. So now I would appreciate it if you would both stop and act adult and keep this thread on its rightful track concerning the OP's original subject and his TWO questions rather than criticizing and cyber-bullying me for no valid reason.

I'm getting tired of it. You have criticized me now several times for no valid reason in this thread, and so has Hawg in both his statements of: "Bill do get long winded don't him? " and again when Hawg said:"Jeezus Christ on a stick." making that nonsensical statement concerning my post and you agreed with him by your saying: "Amen".

Is it yours and Hawg's agenda and goal to try to drive me away from this site and to make me feel unwelcome at this site by giving me a hard time by criticizing me for the length of my posts for no valid reason, when all I have tried to do is to be helpful and give information and advice to a BP newbie that he asked for?

I ask that the moderator please step in if either you or Hawg or any others in this thread continue doing that non productive vein of cyber-bullying and criticizing me for no valid reason other than the length of my posts, when I am taking my time to give knowledge and advice to a newbie seeking advice, and simply because you want to act childish and criticize me for the length of my posts. I ask politely that it stop. It does not make me feel welcome and it sure does not make me feel appreciated for my efforts when I am treated like that. At this point now, it isn't funny and it isn't joking. It is childish, offensive and completely unnecessary. It has crossed over the line into cyber-bullying. Yes I have a thick skin and yes I have a sense of humor, but I am tired of this and shouldn't have to endure it in the first place.

To make matters worse on your end Mykeal, I even disproved what you incorrectly stated in your last post that the OP had only asked one (two word) question when in fact the OP had asked two separate questions. But it shouldn't matter if he HAD only asked that one question, and I HAD answered just one question in detail to try and help him out with knowledge and advice.

Now let's get back to what the OP originally asked for information on and keep this thread on track.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; July 16, 2013 at 09:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.03726 seconds with 8 queries