View Single Post
Old January 14, 2013, 07:40 PM   #1
rhawk0451

At what range should I zero my new 22 rifle

Hi, I’m a new member to this forum and this is my first post. I've noticed a great deal of knowledge and appreciate how it's shared. Well, I have a burning question and could really use some help. If it turns out this question has been kicked around before, I apologize in advance.

I’ve recently purchased a new Savage Mk2 TR rifle and a Mueller 8-32x44 target type scope. I want to use this set up as a trainer in hopes of becoming a better marksman down the road. I also wanted a scope with exposed turrets to better my understanding of MOA and making the proper sight adjustments on the fly and when needed. I've read in the spec sheet where this scope has a total of 40 inches of vertical adjustment. I'm assuming this means 20 inches above center and 20" below at best. Thus the reason for my title / question. So with that said, at what range should this scope be zeroed to get the most out of my limited amount of elevation so I can shoot at the longest possible ranges without a hold over. I hope you can make sense of my question.

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Page generated in 0.02696 seconds with 8 queries