View Single Post
Old November 13, 2011, 05:59 PM   #17
pax

Re the shot into the air, I contend that she did the right thing under the circumstances. She could not bring the gun to bear on the criminal, he was winning the physical struggle, and she had a very limited time in which to do something to change the game. So she made a very big noise that brought other people over to help solve the situation.

Just like the woman who shot the kidnapper's leg while he held her baby in its stroller at chest height, this woman took an unconventional shot that -- here's the key! -- did what she needed it to do.

Yes, from a visceral, emotional perspective it's always nice when the bad guy "gets what's coming to him" and we don't have to spend tax dollars on convicting, housing and feeding him. But from a practical and immediate perspective, she did the only thing she could do and it turned out well.

Quote:
... and learns some situational awareness.

Without knowing all the circumstances I say this may have been an avoidable situation.
Before you go too far down that road, check out this older thread: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400992

pax

Page generated in 0.04189 seconds with 8 queries