View Single Post
Old July 18, 2010, 02:49 AM   #8
noylj

Lee Bullet Lube Kit

Don't know why the unlubricated bullet should lead up the Lee cast bullet sizing die? My Lubrisizer dies never leaded up. Also, I would think that lubing before sizing would be more likely to "squeeze" the lube into the bullet surface than wipe the lube off. Also, you need so little Alox that I can't see there being a need to add more.
As anyone experimented with NOT following the Lee instructions and see what happens? I figure Lee knows what they are doing, but maybe they are trying to sell more LLA?

I tumble lube some of my lead bullets (see my topic on results of liquid bullet lubricants on swaged and cast/lubed bullets) and need just a hint of yellow (or whatever color the LLA is--I'm color blind, sorry) on the bullets. I have never had too little on the bullet. What I would love is some way (like for fingerprinting) to have a very thin film of ALOX on glass and just roll the bullet over the surface. Maybe add a little mineral spirits as the LLA "dries" up. There really should be some way to apply LLA without wasting a bunch or having to apply it over the whole bullet.

Page generated in 0.02729 seconds with 8 queries