View Single Post
Old January 2, 2009, 03:48 PM   #17
FrankenMauser

... A very inconclusive poll, in my opinion.

There are many species of deer in the U.S., the world (we have members world-wide, remember), and MANY different restrictions on firearms and ammunition across all these areas.

Members from the mid-west and northern east coast are going to be responding in reference to small white tails.

Members from the south could be responding in reference to massive Alabama white tails, small white tails, or coastal white tails.

Members from the west will likely be responding in reference to mule deer, possibly black tails, and maybe even hybrid muley/white tail deer.

There is a vast difference between a mature 300 pound mule deer buck, and a mature 100 pound coastal white tail buck.

My .380 Auto pistol was a legal weapon in the area I hunted in Florida. Honestly... I felt it would have been more than adequate. They were over-grown dogs.

Out west, I carry a .270 Winchester, 8x57 mauser, or 7.62x39. Quite the opposite from what I felt I needed in Florida.

Provided the hunter knows his limitations and those of the weapon; I don't care what caliber anyone uses, as long as they make it count.

Page generated in 0.03069 seconds with 8 queries