View Single Post
Old July 17, 2006, 06:56 PM   #8
Buckythebrewer

Just get a lee single stage press+ lee dies.For best safety get the lee factory crimp die(It will work fine with any bullet as long as you don't over crimp).It helps if you forget to trim properly as well(great product!)..I have used lee products for years and im not saying they will do everything better than anything else but I use the Lee pacesetter (full length die) and the Lee collet (neck sizing die) for my ar15 at ranges as far as 625yrds so far hitting under M.O.A. ..However DO NOT USE THE NECK sizing die unless you have a way to measure shoulder displacement..The general rule is always full length resize and trim your cases( I also highly recommend crimping with the lee FCDie).I usually don't crimp for long range but I am going to try it to see if I lose accuracy or not(my rifle seems to eat anything)..My whole reloading kit was very cheap and VERY easy to use and learn good reloading habits and I have used it for years with long range being my most recent passion and the equipment is still up to the task..Also buy a case gauge to double check your sizing and if you wan't to take it a step further and make your brass last longer get a comparitor mic like from RCBS(I think around $40)You can take before and after shoulder displacement measurements so when You adjust your die you can size the least(bump shoulder) while still being safe.You can also measure bullet seating and throat measurements with the rcbs comparitor mic.

You can size your brass too much and that is bad because of the possibilty of head case seperation.The goal is to do the measurements and find what your rifle would be the safest and best with for die adjustment.

Like I said for what you get you would be best with Lee products and when you find a die or product you must have to do a specific task you will by then be making a smart purchase that will probably make the difference you were aiming for..good luck and be safe( use start loads always until you are sure of your pressures)

Page generated in 0.02430 seconds with 8 queries