View Single Post
Old January 8, 2002, 01:42 AM   #1
Carbon_15

Corperations allowed to own Title 2 weapons..potential loophole?

South Carolina recently made it legal for civilians to own full-auto weapons within the limitations of the federal law. As I was glancing over some of the litereature on the new law, I noticed that there are acceptions for Military, police, (no suprise there) and Corperations...what. Why havent I heard of this before. I dont know what all goes into forming a corperation but the idea of being able to buy brand new machine guns and other prohibited weapons without the limitations of legal civilian ownership (only modles made and registered prior to '86, prohibitively high prices) make this seam like a juicy loophole. Just think, a brand new suppresed P-90 for $1500, a NIB M-16 A2 for $800, a SAW for $2000...these are FN's aproximate law enforcement prices...compair this to a pre-86 M-16 at 6-10K. there is a supressed 9mm CAR-15 full auto on gunsamerica right now for $1550, but its a LEO only...the same gun for civilian would be sale triple or more.
Could someone more versed in business law explain to me why we dont all have kitchen table corperations for the purpose of personal ownership of cheap, new model,legal machineguns.

Page generated in 0.03730 seconds with 8 queries