View Single Post
Old September 21, 2000, 08:13 AM   #8
Jack Straw

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nickcarr:
Slightly off topic guys, but I'm curious as to why you would *want* to reload? What kind of benefits could the average guy see in loading/reloading his own ammo?

And of course the obvious question is it really worth the money to reload? (worthy as defined by - time, money, safety, etc.)
[/quote]

Why? Because I enjoy it. The benefits are that it is an extension of my shooting. It is time spent doing something that I like. It costs less to shoot reloads so I can shoot more. It is perfectly safe as long as I am careful (just like driving a car). Also, I can create ammo that is tailor made for my guns making it more accurate and therefore even more rewarding when I shoot a tight group. Can you go into a store and buy .308 ammo that shoots 165gr bullets at 1800fps? Nope, and neither can I, but I can go in my garage and make it. What about .30-06 ammo loaded with a 100gr plinking bullet? You can't find that at the stores but I can make that too. What about shooting cast lead bullets in your rifle? Not in the stores either. Reloading allows me to do things that cannot be done with factory ammo.

I hope I didn't come off sounding like a smart@$$ because I don't mean it that way. Forgive me if it comes off like that.

Bottom line...I reload because it is fun and rewarding.

Jack

Page generated in 0.02429 seconds with 8 queries