View Single Post
Old December 20, 2013, 09:55 PM   #15
bedbugbilly

I know there are HS fanatics out there and I say more power to 'em . . everybody has their likes/dislikes. I had a HS Sport King that was my Dads - he bought it new in 1956 and only shot it a few times. After he passed, I ended up with it as nobody else wanted it (neither did I). I had three magazines for it - it never feed right and I had several smiths look at it. It really had no sentimental value so I got rid of it.

I have a number of S & Ws - one of my favorites is a pre 10 with a 5 inch barrel. I had a dealer run the HS through gunbroker and it brought even less than what a 10 would bring that had a lot of wear - that was several years ago so that may have changed. I love the M & Ps - I love 38 spl. If the 10 was in decent shape - a good shooter - and I wanted a 38, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I guess it all depends on if the HS has any sentimental meaning to you and how much you use it. Right now, I have four 22 handguns that just "sit" as well as several rifles as the ammo is so hard to come by. My 38s aren't a problem as I do my own casting and reload. If the 22 situation doesn't improve in the future - those handguns are going to get "thinned out" as I hate having any that I can't use.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.04116 seconds with 8 queries