View Single Post
Old March 9, 2009, 07:51 PM   #4
vranasaurus

Police executing a no knock warrant at the wrong address is a **** sandwich for everyone involved. Someone, either officer or home owner, is highly likely to get severely injured or killed for no reason.

Their are so many variables that go into such an operation that predicitng the outcome is very hard. If the police kick in your door and identify themselves then whether or not you have a legal defense to shooting the officer would depend on local law. Once the police identify themselves then I suspect there is no defense to using deadly force. The problem is if some BG's kick in your door with fake police uniforms shouting police what do you do? One guy kicking in your door shouting police would seem to me to be an obvious sing that it wasn't the police. Police don't usually kick in doors by themselves.

From my understanding no knock warrants aren't simple operations nor are they easy to get a judge to sign off on. Don't judges and police supervisors typically review no knock warrant applications more carefully than regular search warrants?

Page generated in 0.03446 seconds with 8 queries