View Single Post
Old March 4, 1999, 04:15 PM   #24
KyTac

Hi, Nick ! Amazing who you "meet" here in cyberspace. By the way, you remember me when I was a "C" class shooter ! (Now, I languish in Master Class.....;-)

Just to catch you up, I won the 1995 Colorado State Championship, Limited Division, Oklahoma Champion twice, and Illinois State IDPA Champion......so far !

As far as rivets, I have a couple holsters I either traded into, or one that was GIVEN to me, since once he got mine, there was no need for this one...even tho it's a major kydex brand.

Another guy was struggling w/ his holster for the entire match, and I asked him about it. It was apparent that he was not pulling straight up, due to his body build, and was actually engaging the trigger guard MORE into the molded detent, slowing/screwing up his draw. I let him borrow one of mine, and made a sale. I got his holster to show others what does not work, and why.

The Molded Triggerguard Detent (MTD) is not, in and of itself, faster than tension, altho the MTD IS louder to draw from.

I can make my holsters ANYWAY I choose to, and I much prefer tension screws.

The Glocks, in my experience, are NOT very identical dimensionally, one to the other, and their magazines are far worse !

If you have an "old style", "new style" and 10 rd mag, they WILL fit the mag pouch differently......and a rivet will NOT work very well. Some mag pouches SAY they are tension adjustable, but are not, to any measurable degree.

There are many opinions out there, of course, but I base mine on actual experience, long term use, and customer feedback.

------------------
Ky-Tac

Innovative Kydex Tactical Gear
http://members.aol.com/kytac

Page generated in 0.02452 seconds with 8 queries