View Single Post
Old October 21, 2012, 02:35 AM   #6
Metal god

With out knowing your exact situation and conversation you had or if your GF has ever been around or shot guns before . I'm assuming not cus I'd think she would not feel so put off by guns if she had in the past . There really could be many reasons she does not like guns .

Now that being said , I would suggest a compromise . you will put the gun away If she still feels the same way after you both go to a gun safty class . That way she can learn about guns and the proper way to handle them . I also think it should be one that you shoot at the end of the day or weekend . I believe knowledge is power .

I remember the first time I took my son shooting . The night before we sat down watched some gun safety videos . I would pause them every so often to explain in greater detail about stuff . After that ( about two hours ) I brought some of the guns out and started showing him how the all worked . It was almost funny how he acted at first . He would hold the guns out as far away from his body as posible . You could tell he was not very comfortable working with real guns ( never loaded ) . When we got to the range and he started shooting you could tell it was fun for him but he was not yet secure enough in the handling of the guns . By the end of the day ( 8 hrs ) he was droping the mags like a pro ,clearing feed jams hitting his targets it was quite impressive .

IMO It just comes down to , knoledge is power .

If that does not work I would get one of those quick open handgun safes and bolt it to your dresser . That way its locked up and safe and yet still ready . That may even be better cus if she's there alone in a home invasion situation the bad guy can't get to your gun .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; October 21, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.03520 seconds with 8 queries