View Single Post
Old February 3, 2012, 01:42 PM   #19
44 AMP
Staff

simmer down...ok?

Otherwise, this thread is going away, soon.

Avoid the general rants, please, and we might be able to have a good discussion.

Remember that the "police" is made up of individuals, and the "I have a badge so I can do anything I want" mindset is only found in a very, very few people. General rants and cop bashing will only get this closed, and perhaps worse.

Already mentioned, the most salient points, the use of extreme force and "dynamic entry" where it doesn't seem called for. Getting the address wrong is something that has been happening since there were cops. The big difference is that today, we hear more about it, thanks to our wonderful advanced communications net.

We don't pay as much attention to it when the cops get the right address, and get shot at, or shot, that's just everyday business, right?

I have to admit, the chainsaw seems over the top, not in any way standard entry procedures. Somebody's been watching too many movies.

Yes, we all are ready to defend our homes from attackers (and rightly so), but shooting at the police (even when you don't know they are the police) seldom ends well, for anyone, and never ends well for everyone.

Page generated in 0.03593 seconds with 8 queries