View Single Post
Old April 23, 2008, 11:10 PM   #23
UniversalFrost

my original 98 GEW mauser was "accurized" by Krieger and chambered for .243 winchester with a medium heavy sporter contour and just got my walking varminter laminated Boyds stock in the mail (according to the UPS tracking number). Previously it had a walnut boyds monte carlo stock and I had ordered a B&C stock, but they back ordered on my and i opted for the boyds due to it's availability and my past excellence with Boyd's ( I used to live a bout 50 miles away from their shop).

I had thought about rechambering for 6.5x55, but I think I will just pick up a nice 96 small ring carl gustav for that project

oh and wild, you suck! just kidding!

I have thought about dragging out the surgeon rifle, but i have yet to get a photo op for the gun and I am now TDY to denver until june so no pictures.

Anyway, Lt. Dan it really doesn't matter about the gun, but more on the shot and ability of the shooter. Most guns are more accurate than the shooters will ever be. For the few of us that are "blessed" that is when you need to invest in better gear.

my brother uses a cheap old stevens bolt action in 220 swift that he bought used about 20 years ago and the thing has taken many many yotes and vermin, plus if it gets lost or damaged he would be out a whopping 150 bucks, while my custom mauser would top the $3k range and the surgeon with the glass would be in the $7.5k range. You really need a rifle you are comfortable with and can shoot acurately and repeatably. whether it cost 200 bucks or 10, 000 is up to you.

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Page generated in 0.04050 seconds with 8 queries