View Single Post
Old October 29, 2012, 08:10 PM   #17
youngunz4life

Quote:
Such a person must possess either:[4]
photographic ID issued by their previous agency that indicates that they have, in the previous 12 months, been tested or otherwise found by the agency to meet the active duty standards for qualification in firearms training as established by the agency to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm, or
both of:
photographic ID issued by their previous agency, and
a certification issued by the State in which they live, or by a certified firearms instructor (qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State) that indicates that they have, in the previous 12 months, been tested or otherwise found by the State (or a certified firearms instructor) to have met either:
the active duty standards for qualification in firearms training, as established by the State, to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm; or
if the State has not established such standards, standards set by any law enforcement agency within that State to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm.
No, I wouldn't recommend just going to any instructor. I didn't mean to amke it seem that way; I was just saying it is easy to find what to do nowadays. As an example, NJ made it difficult when LEOSA became law. The AG tried to tell agencies not to allow their officers to carry off duty despite the law. You can imagine finding someone to qualify as a retired officer with an agency might be difficult. Agencies were also scared due to liability gossip.

What you stated officers do in FL sounds like a good idea...then you know you are covered(like I said paraphrase: 'make sure you are leosa covered' or something to that effect). I can see maybe how it could be misconstrued.

I know many people don't like wilkipedia, but the bottom line is the most recent updates of the law(s) on LEOSA are covered in my link....the 10yrs instead of fifteen yrs, amtrak, federal reserve police, etc, the mental disability separation updates(obviously people were legally shirting the law and/or honestly confused), and so-on.

if standards are not set:
or
if the State has not established such standards, standards set by any law enforcement agency within that State to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm.

Page generated in 0.03550 seconds with 8 queries