View Single Post
Old December 11, 2009, 03:59 PM   #50
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
Occasionally I have a full size auto IWB. No mags, knives, pepper spray or cell phone.
I now carry IWB--all the time. I also carry a Kimber Pepper Blaster. I simply cannot imagine being without a cell-phone these days. I'd be even better equipped if I knew how to take pictures with mine. I take a flashlight with me at night. I drive a car equipped with OnStar, which will summon help with the touch of a button.

Quote:
I live in a low crime area and am pretty much just prepared to either shoot or run.
So do I. I think Glenn E. Meyer put the lie to that one, however. The perps are mobile and will go where the money (or auto or victim) is. I stay out of bad neighborhoods altogether, but my good neighborhood is within a mile and a half of one of the most heavily trafficked drug arteries in the nation, an interstate which also provides ingress and egress to the citizens of a city twelve miles away that has the second highest crime rate in the nation and to the residents of two adjoining meth counties. You can't get away from it. We (and our adjoining sister suburb) have had more car jackings, armed robberies, and burglaries this year alone than I remember in the previous forty, but my assessed real property valuation keeps going up in a down market; it's not the neighborhood that's going bad. ATMs, parking lots, and filling stations seem to be the most worrisome places. One is a target of opportunity for a growing mobile criminal element.
Quote:
And I'd much rather do the latter if feasible.
In my state I have to do that if safely possible.

Page generated in 0.02359 seconds with 8 queries