View Single Post
Old November 3, 2013, 09:39 AM   #23
Hitthespot

Quote:
I've had an SR9 since March and an SR45 since April. Both have seen a good number of handloads with performance you're not gonna get with many factory loads. I have not had any problem whatsoever with either pistol. I've owned or had firsthand experience with polymer framed pistols going back to the introduction of the Glock 22 in 1990. One of the first HK USPs in .40 S&W in 1994 and I put a good number of rounds through an M&P 45c that belonged to my shooting partner while I owned an XDm 4.5 in .45 ACP. There's not one of them I would choose over the Ruger SR poly. Not in 9mm, not in 45 ACP. The Ruger is the slimmest while being the strongest made. It's also the most accurate for me of the lot.
I feel the same way. I've owned both a SR40c and a SR9c. Both have been perfect since day one. Way over a thousand rounds through my SR9c with not one hiccup. I trust this firearm as much as my GLock, and my M&P40, so much so that I sold my M&P40 to keep the SR40c. I'm now trying a GLock 27 and see no advantages this gun is over the Ruger. In fact the trigger isn't as nice, it doesn't look as nice, it doesn't shoot as accurate for me, it's way more punishing on the hand to shoot, and the the handle is just way too thick compared to the Ruger. UNLESS I'm reading a lot about a certain problem with a gun, I usually try to take it in context. Anything mass produced can have a few problems. I just pray I'm not the one getting the lemon.

Last edited by Hitthespot; November 3, 2013 at 09:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.04402 seconds with 8 queries