View Single Post
Old September 7, 2010, 10:12 AM   #24
LordTio3

One of the only times I've ever tried shooting clay pigeons was with an older friend of mine. We were using an old Stoeger pump 12 gauge and I was thoroughly embarrassing myself for at least 20 rounds (Think I only got 5-6 IIRC), where my friend wasn't letting a single one hit the ground in one piece.

His nephew (about 20) who had been watching us for a bit, and giving me guff about my pitiful showing, suddenly stood up and said, "Lemmee give it a shot." He took the shotgun and hefted it at a downward angle toward his 10 o'clock while he waited for us to get a clay in the slinger. We suddenly heard the shot ring out and turned to see grass flying and his nephew ghost white after planting one in the ground about 18 inches from his shoe.

His uncle grabbed the shotgun and sent him inside.

Pearls-o-wisdom:
1. When you hand off a gun, always engage the safety if it has one.

2. When you receive a weapon, always check the load status.

3. Don't rest your finger on the trigger like 90% of the untrained "shooters" out there. It is my biggest pet peeve.

4. Don't hunt groundhogs you can't see.

~LT

Page generated in 0.04257 seconds with 8 queries