View Single Post
Old January 2, 2011, 09:37 PM   #9
bedbugbilly

Welcome! I only shoot .36 caliber (and 38 spl. in modern cartridge guns) so my experience is limited pretty much to those. I'm a big '51 Colt Navy fan . . . I have had a number of different '51 Navies over the years - Pietta, ASM, etc. but this past year, I "downsized" some and then bought a Uberti '51 Navy. There has always been the debate of Pietta versus Uberti, etc. and I never paid much attention to it - if I liked it, I bought it. I liked my Pietta Navies but I have to tell you that I absolutely love the Uberti '51 Navy that I bought - I bought it "used" but it had never been fired. Personally, I love the balance of the '51 Navy and the Uberti I have is mechanically, the smoothest action I've ever had. Whatever you buy, you may need to tune a little. After getting the Uberti Navy, it was like "why did I wait so long?". I also have a ASM '61 Navy and one of the Pietta Remington .36 Navies that I did some horse trading for at Cabellas. It all boils down to what you personally prefer. I really like the Remington Navy as well and it, too, has one of the smoothest actions out of the box that I've seen in a long time. Someday,. I'll probably "graduarte" to the .44s and a Dragoon looks like it would be fun. But, for everyday shooting, plinking, target practice and the killing of empty pop cans, my first choice would probaboy be my Uberti '51 Navy and the next would be the Remy - but again, it's personal choice. Any of the models can have their little "quirks" - in the end, it's about learning what they are and adapting to them. Best of luck to you!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03752 seconds with 8 queries