View Single Post
Old May 31, 2013, 10:15 AM   #17
PetahW

Big Al is correct - I see now that the rear sight on your Plinkster is non-driftable, since it's screwed to the top of the barrel & not mounted in a dovetail slot.

There's still a few alternatives to achieve a zero:

1) Since it's only sheet metal, it's possible to slightly bend the rear sight's front-to-back section via pressing on the rear (towards the left) enough to zero the rifle.

2) In the pic's I've seen, the Plinkster's front sight is hooded, so IDK if it's in one piece with the ramp or mounted in a ramp dovetail slot (which I somehow doubt).
However, if it's dovetail mounted, the hood can be removed/tapped off forward and the front sight moved very little to the RIGHT (opposite what a rear sight should be moved) to attain zero.

3) Rimfire rifles are sometimes sensitive to different types, and/or brands of ammo, shifting zero with different ones; so you could also try some different .22LR ammo in the rifle to see if it shoots to the same, or a different, point of impact (POI).

4) Since the rifle's receiver top should have two parallel grooves along it, there are many inexpensive scopes available in a "kit" with rings that are made to clamp into those grooves - which scope should readily zero.
(I would suggest a riflescope with a 1" tube ILO a smaller/darker 3/4" or 7/8" tubed example)

BTW, your choice of a 25yd zero is a good one, since the .22 boolits will cross the line-of-sight twice: the 1st time (on the way up") @ 25yds, and again (on the way "down" ) @ about 75yds - perfect for most hunting/shooting with the .22LR.

Last edited by PetahW; May 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Page generated in 0.03101 seconds with 8 queries