View Single Post
Old June 27, 2008, 08:11 PM   #24
simonkenton

"I could sense as clear as the sun in the sky who in the ER gave a damn and who didn't. Those that did got direct, calm answers. Those that didn't were barked at. No conscious thought of my own was involved in any of this. I could see, smell and hear everything. I kept looking at my vitals on the machine monitoring my blood pressure and heart rate. I was analyzing my condition: elevated heart rate and decreasing blood pressure.

How long before I would have been incapacitated? Maybe 25 minutes. Maybe more. Depending on whether how much blood loss could be diverted. MUCH more important was my psychological state. I was a judoka (one who competes in judo) and a student of jujitsu. I also dabbled in open track events [sports cars on race tracks], autocross, etc. Why is this important? Because I was in great shape and could INTENTLY FOCUS my Mind - while remaining relaxed - at will for 20 minutes or more (one track session) at a time. I also meditated on driving as well as the judo/jujitsu regularly. I was doing both very well. So performing under pressure wasn't new. I also competed in Track & Field at a high level since I was 11 years old. Applying this nurtured ability to anything is the true goal looking back. Athletes should be the best of the best at just about everything they put their minds to. But that's another story/theory/thread for another time.

Caliber: 9mm JHP
Location of Wound: Left Hand"

Chui: All this sturm and drang for a pistol wound to the hand?
I hope this was written as a joke.
If not, you take yourself way too seriously.

I feel sorry for the dedicated ER personnel who had to put up with a Mall Ninja with a pistol wound to the hand.

Page generated in 0.03185 seconds with 8 queries