Thread: Okay, people.
View Single Post
Old September 13, 2001, 02:46 PM   #77
T-Rex

The point Gentlemen, is that we are at war. Terrorism has become a weapon of mass destruction, and is accessible to all of the nations that wish us harm. Unless we demonstrate that terrorism against the US costs immesurably more than it gains, we can expect to see this kind of thing again and again.

The gloves need to come all the way off, and we need to make the next potential terrorist aware that no matter how much he hurts us, he will only hurt whatever he cares about tenfold. That probably means the use of weapons of mass destruction.

That's the stick. Now rfor the carrot: We need to make darn sure we're good neighbors to everyone, not just Europe and english speaking countries. Period.

If we do that, we will deter most terrorists. Otherwise, we have only 3 options: We can 1. do whatever they want us to, or 2. increase our internal security in an endless and fruitless attempt to prevent furure acts, or 3. resign ourselves to lots of future attacks. All of these represent essentially the end of America as we know it, and none are acceptable to me. If keeping our way of life intact means exterminating the women and children of our enemies, so be it. Some things are worth fighting and killing for. I won't be happy about it, because war is indeed hell. On the other hand, I think I can live with that.

Page generated in 0.03187 seconds with 8 queries