View Single Post
Old September 3, 1999, 04:06 PM   #15
pete80

1 million rounds per minute? Your talking about some serious heat comin' off that barrel! If I knew the ballistic charts of the round they're using, I could certainly tell you physically that it is impossible with todays current metals. The energy and friction alone would super heat the barrel!

Ah yes, the "Not so Smart Gun", did they mention the fact that it runs off of lithium batteries (well, I should say the security locking mechanism). Get this, when it runs out of juice, the security mechanism shuts off, allowing anyone who doesn't have the "magic decoder ring" to fire it!

Another reason why it is a disasterous contraption is the fact that most military and police agency's like uniformity of arms. Quite simply, they like everyone to carry the same weapon, ammunition and parts. This "smart-gun" will could cost may servicemen's lives. If your weapon is out of ammo and your buddy is shot to pieces, your going to pick up his weapon and defend you and your blown up friend to the last round. The "smart-gun" is an ill-concieved design which quite simply has no place in todays modern small arms market.

Page generated in 0.02197 seconds with 8 queries