View Single Post
Old April 5, 2005, 07:01 PM   #21
Edward429451

Oh I have a RCBS primer pocket swager kit. I keep bending the rods! I'm a little frustrated with it. Had no clue at first and just went at some mixed headstamp brass and it bent within 10 rounds. Come to find out that one should sort by headstamp, which I did. I then got about 60 or 80 done and it bent again. Better sort by year also (LC brass), so a third go and same thing. Maybe LC had different lots in the same year, I don't know. I'm kinda discouraged with it at this point and have been using a chamfering tool.

If there's something I'm missing here, please clue me in! As I understand it, varying web thicknesses of different lots of brass is what causes it to bend. Adjust it for one on the thinner side and then when you run into a thicker one, there goes the rod. I've tried not going so deep (crimp not gone, hard to seat primers) and going barely deep enough so that the primers seat fine. Then she bends within a short while. Doing it with a chamf. tool works good but is time consuming.

Page generated in 0.02985 seconds with 8 queries