View Single Post
Old July 24, 2009, 11:19 AM   #15
thallub

Quote:
That's a bunch of hogwash. The 700 is an outstanding hunting rifle. The safety is just fine, the trigger is just fine, the extractor is just fine, and the bolt handle is just fine. What a bunch of bs.

I agree. It is all total BS.

In my gun safe are 11 Remington model 700, 721 and 722 rifles. Have owned a couple of those guns for over 50 years, all of them are at least 15 years old. I have never had a bolt handle come off nor have I ever replaced an extractor. One of my model 700 .22/250 guns has is on its 5th barrel with no extractor replacement.

I have install a few dozen scopes, rings and mounts every year on Remington 700 rifles. I also sight those guns in. Have never had a Remington 700 in any caliber that shot badly. Something is wrong with the original posters gun and it probably has to do with the way the action screws are tightened or the problem is with the scope, rings, or mounts.

I was getting more and more bad Leupold, Simmons and Weaver scope mounts and rings that were no good: The made in China stuff is total trash. I was spending 30-45 inutes with a honing bar and an alignment bar in order to get the scope in the rings straight. Got in several guns that had bent scope tubes from those made in China rings: I will not put them on a gun.

Last edited by thallub; July 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM.

Page generated in 0.02763 seconds with 8 queries