View Single Post
Old February 14, 2012, 11:47 PM   #5
frumious

I second the Celestron. I just bought this one. It was a whole $90 from Amazon.

At first I bought a Barska for $80 at Cabela's but it was a piece of crap. There was a sort of line of blurriness from top left to bottom right at all magnifications. And I never could focus it enough to make bullet holes look sharp. So I returned it.

The Celestron is great. I mean, I'm sure a Zeiss or Swarovski or even a good Nikon (which is what I buy for riflescopes) would make it look like junk, but it is clear and bright enough and all magnifications are usable. Eye relief is OK. Tripod is usable if inexpensive. Comes with a soft case and hard case. I can see .30 caliber holes at 100yards on the lowest magnification - easily. I imagine you could see them at 300 yards on higher mag - and it would be crisp.

Look on Amazon and read reviews. This is what I did and the Celestron is a real winner.

I also went ahead and bought a better tabletop tripod (Sony VCT-R100), but it has ended up being about 2 inches too tall to use on the benches at my range. But it was just $30, and it is a good tripod, so I kept it.

-cls

Last edited by frumious; February 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM.

Page generated in 0.03068 seconds with 8 queries