View Single Post
Old March 30, 2005, 08:31 PM   #2
m0ntels

CAUTION: The following post includes loading data beyond currently published maximums for this cartridge. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Neither the writer, The Firing Line, nor the staff of TFL assume any liability for any damage or injury resulting from use of this information.

I guess any ammo going over the max load from your load data is a +P. I only ever loaded 50 rds this was just to see if there was much of a difference. I figured since my pistol is a service pistol from the Middle East, it would handle European levels of 9mm pressure. Had some powder to use up anyway. I loaded 5.5gr Unique under some 125gr FMJ at 1.150" with WSP primers. No signs of excess pressure in MY pistol. It was actually quite accurate too. My manual lists that load w/ 4.8gr Unique @ 31,200CUP and 1014fps. Dont have a chrony so I havent attempted this again nor do I plan to until I get one. About 95% of my time is paper shooting, and my paper hasnt noticed the difference between 300 fps BBs or 1200 fps out of my 41 mag yet.

I guess there is only one true way to determine how much pressure your gun can take...and I dont wanna do that, even without me holding it. I like my guns If you're gonna play dangerously, I'd go up 1 or 2 tenths of a grain at a time after you determine max loads are safe. Remember, just cuz you got a Ruger or Contender doesnt guarantee you got one without factory defects!

Randy - Safety First! -

Page generated in 0.02227 seconds with 8 queries