View Single Post
Old April 14, 2012, 11:18 PM   #44
RBid

Regarding the "If I feel like I need to carry in my home, I'll move/(other)" outlook:

1st, that's your call. I respect your right to have your own opinions, and your right to express those.

2nd, Moving to a great area doesn't ensure that the desperate, unstable, irrational, or evil elements of the world will not find you. Moving to nice communities can certainly minimize your chances of being victimized, but living in a great area isn't a form of self defense.

I live in a great part of a quiet suburb, and a couple were murdered at their dinner table, about 2 blocks away from my place, 2-3 years ago. Why? Because an unstable man who worked with the wife had become fixated on her, and flew into a rage after he stalked her home, and saw her with her husband.

As HIGHLY unlikely as it is that something similar will happen to me, I have seen and experienced 'highly unlikely' things happening, far too many times.

I will not rebuke or belittle anyone who disagrees. Your life is yours to live. I hope that each of us is allowed to live a long, happy life, free from the intrusion of dark elements.

Page generated in 0.03353 seconds with 8 queries