View Single Post
Old June 24, 2011, 12:27 PM   #8
BigJimP

Having been thru a complete shoulder rebuild --- rotator cuff, bone spurs and torn bicep ...shooting didn't cause it / but it didn't make it better either.

+1 on OneOunces input ....but when you have shoulder issues - the weight of the gun becomes an issue too. Everybody is different / but before the surgery - I couldn't mount and swing an 8 1/2 lb gun ...or it would really tear my shoulder up ...so I had to go to a lighter gun ( or to a smaller gague / like a 28ga ) ...

I like the Benelli - but if you go with a Benelli it will have to have the comfort tech system in it - so it has to be synthetic - like the Super Sport model or it will give you too much recoil. Saying one model of Benelli is softer to shoot ...is only relevent - if its a heavier gun / and none of their wood stocked guns are softer shooting than the comfort tech guns.

For a gas gun / in terms of recoil they're all about the same - and I'd look at the Beretta 391's, Browning Silver series or Win SX3's ( same as Browning), or Browning Maxus, or maybe a Rem 1100 or 11-87 but the 1100 and the 11-87 are old technology. Go with the heaviest gun you can handle comfortably / and shoot the lightest load the gun will cycle ....but many gas guns will cycle 7/8 oz loads at 1150 fps ...most of the Benelli's will not. For most of the Benelli's you will have to go up to 1200 fps ...and maybe a 1oz shell. It may not cycle a 7/8 oz shell - unless you push the velocity up a little more.

Page generated in 0.03651 seconds with 8 queries