Thread: Best O/U
View Single Post
Old June 2, 2005, 06:33 AM   #5
Tacoma

When you say "best" in over and unders, you easily get up into thousands and even tens of thousands. They are by group, the most expensive of the shotgun types. Having said that , most of your recognized "name brands " will run in the $1000-$2000 range. Brownings and Berrettas seem to have most of the market. I've owned both and believe the Brownings are the better gun. If you want /need less expensive, you need to look at mossbergs , remingtons, stoegers and (most of all) Lambda.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing of any shotgun is fit. A nicely fit low end gun is going to serve you better than the opposite. (i.e. So you either want to save some $ for fitting or try before you buy.)

LAstly, I would STRONGLY suggest you look at the ( widely popular) Berretta 391 series semi auto shotguns. Berretas have a system that lets you adjust the stock for LOP and cant for a custom fit out of the box. They are very reliable, well made and sharp looking guns. Used ones can be had in the $500-$600 range . Allot more bang for your buck than a cheap O/U IMHO. I had one and it's the only shotgun I regret selling

Page generated in 0.02353 seconds with 8 queries