Thread: Ballistol Sub.
View Single Post
Old August 15, 2010, 09:18 AM   #5
enyaw

Dixie Gun Works in Tenn. sells "Old Slikum" that I like. For patch lube....a drop or two on the arbor of a cap&baller when it gets a little fouled/sticky rotation.
I'd say maybe that "yellow stuff" Bore Butter/Wonder Lube/ect.ect. may be a good replacememnt for Ballistol since the Wonder Lube yellow stuff is good to avoid rust and works as a good patch lube/barrel cleaner/addition to lube pills/cover the balls over in cap&ballers/ ect.ect.
Not as good of a cleaner as soapy water but has it's merits if you don't want to put your gun in water. Slobberr it up with Wonder Lube yellow stuff and wipe it all off and out of all the crannies and cavities with Q-tips and pipe cleaners and patches and jags and all.
That yellow lube is a better patch lube than Ballistol I think and a good anti rust protector even though I wouldn't say it's a long term storage product. They always said to use it in a barrel and never use anything else especially "oil/grease.
What's so good about Ballistol? Not downing it.....just asking for opinions. What do most use it for primarily? Cleaner? Rust protector? Shooting lube? Poison ivy? Scratches and small cuts and scraps? Smokelss powder bore cleaner? Add to your lube pills(grease cookies)?

Last edited by enyaw; August 15, 2010 at 09:27 AM.

Page generated in 0.03462 seconds with 8 queries