View Single Post
Old January 30, 2005, 03:55 PM   #1
Guntec

Just got some reloading dies and equipment, but what am I missing?

I've been wanting to reload since last year now but I'm determined to crank out some rounds this year. I finally got started with some dies and I will have a "Pacific" press coming soon. I think Pacific went out of business years ago but I heard it's a solid design?

I got this package for 60bucks and it seems pretty reasonable for 5 sets of dies, .38sp/357mag, .44sp/mag, 9mm, .40s&w, .223rem. The dies have some bit of rust on the threads, I hope that will not adversely affect the function of the equpment? It also came with a RCBS lube pad (what's it for?), a big bag of lead cast bullets (9mm?), a small bag of .224 55gr FMJ-BT bullets (for .223rem?), and a plastic powder funnel.

All the dies are RCBS (carbide?) except 9mm which is Lee (has some aluminum parts in it, is it as durable?). The .44sp/mag and .223rem are missing a die from the 3die set. The .44 appear to have the case sizer, but there's not bullet seater die. Is there an insert that I can use in sizer and use it as bullet seater or do I have find a single bullet seater? (anyone got a spare?)

Also the .223rem die set is missing one too. I'm suspecting the 3 "blued screws" are inserts into one of the die and for different rounds? Two are recessed roundnose (one large diameter, one small), and another is a flat nose like for SWC. Does the .223 set need the sizer too? Also need to ID the 2 washers, they're different in thickness, one is round, another is polygonal.

Thanks for any info on these equipment. I did not think it'd take much space but I know I need a dedicated bench for this hobby.

Page generated in 0.03229 seconds with 8 queries