View Single Post
Old June 28, 2013, 01:41 AM   #1
trg42wraglefragle

Testing of rights/testing police

I have to noticed there are quite a few videos on Youtube of gun owners who are legally allowed to open carry a weapon in public but seem to do so in areas where they know someone will be upset/worried and call the police.
And then argue with police about their rights.

Now I can certainly see why people would be worried with events that are making the news and it's the job of the police to investigate when a member of the public raises a concern.

Why do they do it? Are gun owners not trying to show anti gun or people who are on the fence that they are a reasonable bunch? And to me what they do is not going to back up this argument.
Then they argue with the police to further push the point the wrong way?

Do they really expect the police to ignore than concerned public's call and inform them they are legally allowed to do so? Imagine if someone called up and said they saw someone with a gun, the police did nothing and the person was in fact a criminal and did something to break the law?

I just can't understand the reasoning behind it? It is not at all surprising that it attracts the attention of the police, and it does nothing to convince Joe public that gun owners are nothing to be afraid of.
There is also a refusal to provide the police with personal details, is it legal to do so in the US? In New Zealand you can be arrested for refusing to give the police detail (name and address).

Page generated in 0.03008 seconds with 8 queries