View Single Post
Old July 9, 2012, 06:41 PM   #34
dacaur

So whats the difference between a factory formed cannelure and one formed by a FCD?

That is, excluding ridiculously mangled bullets like the ones in the pics above. I believe I head mention of "Their proofs are made by editing their results to prove their hypothesis"... Just because you followed the directions and adjusted it to where they said, doesnt mean you adjusted it RIGHT. I mean, you wouldn't screw the bullet seating die to exactly where the directions tell you and leave it at that would you? How about the sizing die? NO, you screw it to where the directions tell you, then you adjust it to where it needs to be, SO why do you treat the FCD any different? The same thing needs to happen with the FCD, screw it where it tells you, then adjust it so it doesnt mangle your bullets. If you can tell just by looking at them that its not right, then for goodness sake, adjust it so they are.

If I posted pics of some the rounds I have made with poorly adjusted seating dies, people would say I'm an idiot and have my dies adjusted wrong (my first 9mm round came out of the press with the bullet completly inside the case), but when someone does the same thing with a FCD, people flock to agree with them that the FCD is the problem, rather than the operator.....

I just dont see why some people are so convinced that its a "guaranteed accuracy killer" to squeeze a bullet equally from all directions like a collet does.... What do you think happens when it enters the barrel? It gets squeezed from all directions by the rifling on the barrel, only that happens MUCH more violently....

Just like some guns just dont like specific bullets, it should be no surprise that some guns wouldn't like a crimp....

Page generated in 0.02669 seconds with 8 queries