View Single Post
Old February 9, 2006, 09:53 AM   #29
H&H,hunter

Quote:
I never did see any of the hog hunters I was with carrying any firearm at all. They just caught them and cut them and docked the tail. It was a hoot for sure. They are all pretty good tree climbers.
Youp,

I've killed a couple of hogs with 3" Wegner folder. Wild hogs that my DOG caught. I just stabed them in the right place while the dog did all the dangerous work.

Are you trying to tell me that you were catching wild hogs by hand? Or did you ommit the part about the catch dogs?

As far as hogs being wild hell beasts, that is a wide exageration. Hogs make some wicked noises, grunts, screams, growls and barks which is why I think that people are scared of them.

Hogs are only dangerous when cornered or wounded and even then they are 90% bluff. I've had them come screaming and growling straight at me on many occasions when I've been between them and where they want to go. And if there is any possiblity they will dodge around you at the last second or retreat once they see you are going to hold your ground.

On one occasion I did have a real life porky charge. Here is the common factor I've noticed in a really aggresive hog. When they see or smell you they'll throw their tail in the air the hair on their back goes up and they'll start spining and screaming right before they come at you. That is in my limited experience the one you need to watch out for. Especially the one who do it in the wide open. That's how a really pissed porky displays.

Page generated in 0.02958 seconds with 8 queries