View Single Post
Old November 8, 2001, 05:11 PM   #14
Jake 98c/11b

Yes, a police officer is supposed to confront hostile bad guys but I have to travel the same streets with the bad guys. why should he have access to tools that I can't have? I don't have immediate access to several heavily armed, trained co-workers to back me up so I have greater need to special weapons than he don't I. I have to do far more to summon the help available to the average street cop, all he has to do is push the panic button and he has all officers in the area rushing to his aid running lights and siren. He is likely to have a handgun, possibly a shotgun or carbine, mace, baton, several hours training on each system available, body armor and the previously mentioned radio. Why does the officer have need of special weapons? I on the other hand will likely be alone without any form of assistance, no backup IF I can call them, no K9, no SWAT team. Just me, alone, so who needs the specialized tools here? Generally the police are only involved after a crime is comitted, for all the good they do they are essentially reactive. No victim, no crime, no need for the cop.

Page generated in 0.03718 seconds with 8 queries