View Single Post
Old November 5, 2010, 11:41 PM   #31
psyshack

Being a new shooter. I would buy a Smith & Wesson. They have a fantastic warranty. You have a problem. Call them and your pistol will be taken care of with no out of pocket expense.

Getting a .22 is a good idea and they can be a lot of fun to shoot. But if you shop right you might be able to find say a new SD-9 and a J-Frame revolver.

I purchased a Smith Model 60 Pro for my wife in Sept. She is a new shooter and loves it. She can shoot .38/.38+P/.357 with it. I can hit milk jugs with it at 100 yards. And honestly,,, I like it as much as my 686P. But I would not get a J-Frame snub. 3" barrel is very shootable.

A SD-9 will get you into the world of semi auto's. It has a good enough trigger, a good feel with a front night site.

Or you could do the same thing with Ruger. Say a small revolver and one of there semi auto's. The Ruger's would be cheaper to purchase new. But there warranty isn't as care free as Smith & Wesson's.

The 9mm and .38's are about the cheapest ammo one can buy today retail. And you will need to shoot. A firearm will do you no good at all if you can't hit a target with it.

Most important,,,,, HAVE FUN!!!!! And let us know how it goes.

Page generated in 0.02639 seconds with 8 queries