View Single Post
Old March 17, 2013, 04:13 PM   #25
lee n. field

Quote:
The Lee presses are;
Lee Classic 4 hole turret press - Like the idea of setting up my dies and not having to reset them everytime I
want to use them again. And the way the primers are dispatched when depriming. Also, it seems to be a little
faster than a single stage, by watching videos.
Does the aluminum turrets wear out or break very fast?
I don't know yet. I've only had my Classic Turret since Christmas time, and I've run out of bullets testing it.

However, turrets are cheap.

Quote:
Does this turret press make as good quality of reloads as the single stages?
Appears to.

Quote:
But, not sure of the quality, and it only has a 2 year warranty.
That's the warranty on all Lee's stuff.

The Lee Classic Turret is unique, vs. other manufacturers' turret presses, in being auto advancing. It's quite fast.

Quote:
Lee Classic Breech Lock single stage. I like the way it is easy to change dies, and again not having to reset the dies the next time used.
I'm not sure what you mean in your post by "resetting dies".

With a good lock ring, you don't readjust the dies each time. Adjust it once, set the lock ring and screw down the set screw on the lock ring. Voila! Next time you screw the die into the press, run it up against the lock ring, and you're correctly adjusted.

Lee's system would be good for swapping the dies out quickly. I'm not so concerned about that, personally. Screwing them in and out doesn't take that much time or effort.

Quote:
RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme. Ive heard it's a good press. Have to readjust dies every time used. More money than Lee. Like the lifetime warranty.
Very good press.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Page generated in 0.02746 seconds with 8 queries