View Single Post
Old October 30, 2012, 12:39 AM   #23
Elmer

MLeake said:

Quote:
I'm going to put my emphasis in his quote somewhere I don't think he intended, but I'd focus on: with their tacticool auto their man insisted they had to get.

The fault isn't with the auto, tacticool or no. The fault is with the man who insisted the female buy something she really wasn't into.

The same would be true if the woman really wanted an auto, but the man insisted on a revolver.

For new shooters, point them toward information, such as corneredcat.com . Expose them to different types of guns. Get them instruction if they would like it. Then let them make an informed choice. DO NOT SIMPLY CHOOSE somebody else's gun for them. If the choice isn't theirs, then the odds are they won't put nearly as much thought or effort into it.
Actually, that's exactly what I intended.

However, comma.....

Yes, a lot of women will shoot your 3.5 lb trigger 1911 better than they'll shoot a 10 lb DA trigger J frame on the range.

But
, if they don't spend the time learning the gun well enough to be competent manipulating it, yes, steering them towards something they do run better, is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

That's not gender specific. I see a lot of guys fumbling on the range with guns they aren't competent with too.

Page generated in 0.02427 seconds with 8 queries