View Single Post
Old December 25, 2011, 08:55 PM   #49
KC Rob

You are not being the stick in the mud, you just have different "valuables" in your house than others, like in my case, my 5 kids. If I knew there was someone in my house, I would certainly call 911, or more likely have my wife do it, but I can not sit idly by and wait for them. I must respond. If I can't identify the noise that woke me up, I can't just call 911, it could very well be an innocent thing, very possibly one of the aforementioned children and I don't need the police coming every time I wake up from a bump in the night. Also, I live in a rural area, in fact I am out of the city limits of the nearest city where my post office is and where my kids go to school. That PD does not respond to a 911 call from me, it would be a county sheriff's deputy or a state trooper, neither of who are based close to me. Unless I was extremely lucky and one was driving near by, best case scenario, I am probably 20 minutes away from a responding officer. I don't have the luxury of waiting that long, I have to insure the safety of my family.

Page generated in 0.02977 seconds with 8 queries