View Single Post
Old November 14, 2006, 03:54 PM   #2
Wild Bill Bucks

Delynn.

I feel your pain. I to, have spent countless dollars on products that don't really work as advertised. Here in Oklahoma, playing the wind is probably THE most important part, of scent removal. This can't always be accomplished because of the change in direction every other hour.

I have settled on two things, that seem to work for me. Distance, and Height. If I want to hunt an area, I try to get as far from the area as I can, and still be able to get a good shot on the animal. If I can't get any distance between the animal and where I want to set up, I try to get higher. There is a BIG difference (from a scent stand point), in being 10 ft. off of the ground and being 20 ft. off of the ground. I don't like stands that high, but if I have a really spooky Buck, it sometimes helps. I personally think that your scent falls to the ground,(on still days) and the further up you are, tends to let your scent dissipate more, before it hits the ground. On windy days, I think the higher up you are, the less your scent hurts you out to 100 yards or so.

Nothing else I have tried seems to be worth much, and I'm like you are,I'm tired of spending money.

Page generated in 0.03422 seconds with 8 queries